Mix Resources and non Resource routes

Hello,

I have this routing right now:

map.resources :events do |event|     event.resources :invitations     event.resources :personalized_invitations     event.resources :questions end

Now I want to add to the event resource other non resourceful routes. In my case, this new route will be for my notification controller. Per se notifications belongs to an event but are not resources so I don't want to use:

event.resources :notifications, :member=>[my notif actions here]

I would like the notification controller to behave as the default rails routing but within the event scope. Something like this: event.connect ':controller/:action/:id'

and then be able to have this kind of URL: http://localhost:3000/events/notification/send/1

Is it possible to have such routing? How can I do this?

Thank you, Julien.

Use named route:

map.notification ‘events/notification/send/:id’, :controller => ‘ur_controller_name’, :action => ‘send’

The new way declaring your routes is:

map.resources :events , :has_many => [:invitations, :personalized_invitations, :questions]

Hi,

Bala Paranj wrote:

Use named route:

map.notification 'events/notification/send/:id', :controller => 'ur_controller_name', :action => 'send'

The new way declaring your routes is:

map.resources :events , :has_many => [:invitations, :personalized_invitations, :questions]

Sorry but, how can then you relate this map.resources :events with the previous map.notification named routes created? I mean, you are not mixing. You are just creating a named route with the same first path as map.resources :events.