MissingSourceFile in LookController#index

Hi Friends,

I am facing a problem, when I run a simple Ruby program on my browser, it shows me an error like "MissingSourceFile in LookController#index". Infect, I made a controller named "Look".

Read on a little more - it's telling you that it couldn't load
sqlite3. You need to install the sqlite3-ruby gem (you can probably
find more detailed instructions with a quick google)

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

Hi Friends,

I am facing a problem, when I run a simple Ruby program on my browser, it shows me an error like "MissingSourceFile in LookController#index". Infect, I made a controller named "Look".

Read on a little more - it's telling you that it couldn't load sqlite3. You need to install the sqlite3-ruby gem (you can probably find more detailed instructions with a quick google)

Fred

Thanks Fred. But I got stuck because of the following problem:

C:\>gem install sqlite3-ruby --version 1.2.4 Building native extensions. This could take a while… ERROR: Error installing sqlite3-ruby: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

c:/ruby/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby checking for fdatasync() in rt.lib… no checking for sqlite3.h… no

nmake ‘nmake’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Gem files will remain installed in c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4 for inspection. Results logged to c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4/ext/sqlite3_ api/gem_make.out

after that I went to that specific folder ("C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems") and saw there is already a folder named "sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4" installed.

Please help me. I am very much interested to work with Ruby on Rails but I could not work with that because of that problem.

Thanks in advance.

Roni

Frederick Cheung wrote:

Hi Friends,

I am facing a problem, when I run a simple Ruby program on my
browser, it shows me an error like "MissingSourceFile in
LookController#index". Infect, I made a controller named "Look".

Read on a little more - it's telling you that it couldn't load sqlite3. You need to install the sqlite3-ruby gem (you can probably find more detailed instructions with a quick google)

Fred

Thanks Fred. But I got stuck because of the following problem:

C:\>gem install sqlite3-ruby --version 1.2.4 Building native extensions. This could take a while… ERROR: Error installing sqlite3-ruby: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

You need one of the prebuilt versions. I don't have windows so i'd
search around for some more detailed instructions