missing table with test:units

hi all, I'm trying to create tests for my app but "rake test:units" doesn't create one table, even if other ware created properly. Migration file for this table is present, but if I create this table from finger and run test just for it everything it's ok. I can't find any explanation for this, mayby someone knows what's going on.

I had an issue like this one time. What was more troubling was that I could rake db:fixtures load... FIXTURES=my_table and then run an individual test against that model and it worked correctly. In my case the issue was related to using a :decimal column.

At any rate, you could see the root of the problem by opening / databases/schema.rb. The table that was not created in the test db was commented out in schema.rb with an additional comment about the ARec failure.

HTH, AndyV

AndyV wrote: ...

At any rate, you could see the root of the problem by opening / databases/schema.rb. The table that was not created in the test db was commented out in schema.rb with an additional comment about the ARec failure.

You're right and thx for the help, but there's one very strange think, I've got column declaration like this:

t.column :data_ur, :year

and I hadn't any problems with migration, when I look in to DB declaration is:

> data_ur | year(4) | YES | | NULL | |

and ruby in schema.rb is shouting this:

# Could not dump table "mtp_records" because of following StandardError # Unknown type 'year(4)' for column 'data_ur'

Thus the question is how this problem can be solved without changeing datatype, because I've got only year for inserting not whole date datatype?