Method models and complex querries...

Hello, this is a repost, something seemed to go wrong last time I tried to post...

Anyway I got this model: class Command < ActiveRecord::Base   has_many :executions

def with_extension(ext)     Extension.all(:include => :command,                        :conditions => { :suffix => ext})   end end

And this code in a controller method       @commands = Command.with_extension('txt') But I get this error then undefined method `with_extension' for #<Class:0xb6eaecbc>

I'm obviously doing something wrong, but since I'm not very experienced with ruby, I don't know what it is...

Another problem I have is that I'm not sure the method code is right. This is the extensions schema:   create_table "extensions", :id => false, :force => true do |t|     t.string "suffix", :null => false     t.integer "command_id", :null => false   end

I want to select all commands which is mapped to a specific suffix.

Niklas Ulvinge thanks you for your time and wishes you    and everybody Happy programming!

Hello, this is a repost, something seemed to go wrong last time I tried to post...

Anyway I got this model: class Command < ActiveRecord::Base has_many :executions

def with_extension(ext) Extension.all(:include => :command, :conditions => { :suffix => ext}) end

This is a method on an instance,

end

And this code in a controller method @commands = Command.with_extension('txt')

But here it is being called for the class.

try:

def self.with_extension ... end

in the Command class.

However, since the with_extension method only really interacts with the Extension class I think that would be a better place for it.

class Extension < ActiveRecord::Base   def self.all_with_extension(ext)     Extension.all(...) # code to find all required extensions   end end

Allan