Mail not sending

I am having trouble with one of my notifications. For some reason it doesn't seem to even try and send. I have notifications in other locations and they send just fine.

Here is the code that should call the notification:

if @post.save       # We want to set the updated_at time if the post was saved       # Updating the number of replies would be good too.       Conversation.update(params[:conversation_id], { :updated_at => Time.now, :replies => replies })       User.update(session[:user].id, { :num_posts => (session[:user].num_posts += 1) })

conv_owner = Conversation.find(params[:conversation_id]).user_id       owner_email = User.find(conv_owner).email       Notifications.deliver_new_thread_post(owner_email, params[:conversation_id])

if session[:conversation]         redirect_to :controller => 'conversations', :action => 'show', :id => session[:conversation]       end

Here is the Notification method:

def new_thread_post(to, conversation_id, sent_at = Time.now)     @subject = "Someone has posted to your thread"     @body['conversation_url'] = "http://happyleper.com/conversations/ show/#{conversation_id}"     @recipients = to     @from = 'info@happyleper.com'     @sent_on = sent_at     @headers = {}   end

And the template:

There has been a reply to your thread at:

<%= @conversation_url %>

When I make a thread post the code inside the if is run but I don't see anything in the logs about the notification sending or failing. There is no postfix activity in /var/log/messages though so it would appear that it doesn't run or dies before trying to send the email.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I am having trouble with one of my notifications. For some reason it doesn't seem to even try and send. I have notifications in other locations and they send just fine.

Here is the code that should call the notification:

if @post.save       # We want to set the updated_at time if the post was saved       # Updating the number of replies would be good too.       Conversation.update(params[:conversation_id], { :updated_at => Time.now, :replies => replies })       User.update(session[:user].id, { :num_posts => (session[:user].num_posts += 1) })

conv_owner = Conversation.find(params[:conversation_id]).user_id       owner_email = User.find(conv_owner).email       Notifications.deliver_new_thread_post(owner_email, params[:conversation_id])

if session[:conversation]         redirect_to :controller => 'conversations', :action => 'show', :id => session[:conversation]       end

Here is the Notification method:

def new_thread_post(to, conversation_id, sent_at = Time.now)     @subject = "Someone has posted to your thread"     @body['conversation_url'] = "http://happyleper.com/conversations/ show/#{conversation_id}"     @recipients = to     @from = 'info@happyleper.com'     @sent_on = sent_at     @headers = {}   end

And the template:

There has been a reply to your thread at:

<%= @conversation_url %>

When I make a thread post the code inside the if is run but I don't see anything in the logs about the notification sending or failing. There is no postfix activity in /var/log/messages though so it would appear that it doesn't run or dies before trying to send the email.

Any ideas?

Thanks, I'll toy around with it when I get home from work. Hopefully it is just a formatting issue. Mail sends fine when an account is created and when a user requests their log-in info.

Is there a way to turn on more verbose logging, specifically for notifications?