Looking for environment setup help

Can anyone help with setting up my environment? This all started when I tried to install Aptana Studio 3, and want to use the debugger. I have installed ruby 1.9.2, and rails 3.1.0. When I try to install the ruby-debug-base gem, I get an error that does not make sense to me - it tells me it needs ruby version > 1.8.7. Here is the error message, along with other details. I am running this on a Windows XP machine:

C:\>ruby -v ruby 1.9.2p180 (2011-02-18) [i386-mingw32]

C:\>gem install ruby-debug-base --include-dependencies INFO: `gem install -y` is now default and will be removed INFO: use --ignore-dependencies to install only the gems you list ERROR: Error installing ruby-debug-base:         rbx-require-relative requires Ruby version ~> 1.8.7.

C:\>ruby -v ruby 1.9.2p180 (2011-02-18) [i386-mingw32]

C:\>gem install ruby-debug-base ERROR: Error installing ruby-debug-base:         rbx-require-relative requires Ruby version ~> 1.8.7.

Thanks for any help you can offer

Having had my feeble knowledge on this matter enhanced by Rob Bledenharn (thanks Rob) in a thread yesterday I can now confidently say that Ruby version ~> 1.8.7 means that it needs a version >= 1.8.7 but less than 1.9, so 1.9.2 will not do.

If I remember correctly there is a different version of ruby-debug for 1.9, ruby-debug19 I think. You might want to google that to check.

Colin

Hello,       ruby-debug19 is compatible with rails 3.x and ruby 1.9.2. I have uninstall the ruby-debug and related dependency and than install ruby-debug19 gem by following below command:

gem install ruby-debug19 -- --with-ruby-include=$rvm_path/src/ruby-1.9.2-preview3

gem install ruby-debug-ide19 -- --with-ruby-include=$rvm_path/src/ruby-1.9.2-rc2/

where $rvm_path defines the path of your .rvm directory. eg. /home/user_name/.rvm