It’s time once again to dust off your ruby trousers and head on down to trendy Clerkenwell to meet up with the esteemed members of the London Ruby User Group at their February meeting.
Meeting time: 6:30pm
Meeting location: 1 Sekforde Street
Closest tube: Farringdon
We’re doing lightning talks in the 20 slides for 20 seconds style. Speakers confirmed so far are:
- James Adam - “Rails is not the only fruit”
- Richard Livsey - RSpec stories
- Rob McKinnon - “A Ruby Journey”
- Daniel Tenner - Adobe Flex: what it is, why he uses it with ruby
- Dafydd Rees - “When shouldn’t you use a DSL? and what can you do instead?”
- David Salgado - Rails deployment platforms
- Roland Swingler - Pattern matching in ruby
- Laurie Young - Design patterns in ruby
There may be more on the night, if you are interested in speaking get in touch with me directly or via the LRUG mailing list. After the talks we go to the pub round the corner.
Pub time: about 8:00pm ish
Pub location: The Crown Tavern
For those that hate brevity there are more words, if not actual details, about the meeting on the LRUG website.
- NOTE *
If you think you might turn up please register with our hosts, Skills Matter, via their website. We’ve had to close the doors on people who haven’t signed up because of reaching room capacity, Skills Matter can book a larger room, but only if they know enough people are coming to warrant it, and have enough notice.
See you there,