logging with the daemons gem

I am trying to leverage the daemons gem but I am confused about the proper way to set up logging. I am able pass options which configure stdout to go to a log file but it seems like all calls to Rails.logger are disabled as I see the following message in my output:

usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/active_support/buffered_logger.rb:99:in `write': closed stream (IOError)          from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/active_support/buffered_logger.rb:99:in `flush'          from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/active_support/buffered_logger.rb:96:in `synchronize'          from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/active_support/buffered_logger.rb:96:in `flush'          from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/active_support/buffered_logger.rb:116:in `auto_flush'

This doesn't seem right as my daemon is reusing code that makes calls to Rails.logger. Am I missing something?

thx.

Karl Baum wrote:

I am trying to leverage the daemons gem but I am confused about the proper way to set up logging. I am able pass options which configure stdout to go to a log file but it seems like all calls to Rails.logger are disabled as I see the following message in my output:

usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/ active_support/buffered_logger.rb:99:in `write': closed stream (IOError)          from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/ lib/active_support/buffered_logger.rb:99:in `flush'          from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/ lib/active_support/buffered_logger.rb:96:in `synchronize'          from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/ lib/active_support/buffered_logger.rb:96:in `flush'          from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/ lib/active_support/buffered_logger.rb:116:in `auto_flush'

This doesn't seem right as my daemon is reusing code that makes calls to Rails.logger. Am I missing something?

thx.

Did you get this resolved? I'm in a similar situation: Trying to use Rails' logger from within a daemon.

Thanks, Chris