Locales

Hello, can sbdy please be so kind and tell me in a few words how to solve the following problem.

I have just deployed an application. I generated controller home with an action show. In the view show I have the text “sample text”

I want to add a language swich (better automatic recogniser) which will be switching between english locale en_US (“sample text”) and czech locale cs_CZ (“vzorový text”)

I’m looking into the manual to i18n, but I’m not really making progress :frowning:

Thanks in advance Jan

Jan Kadera wrote:

Hello, can sbdy please be so kind and tell me in a few words how to solve the following problem.

I have just deployed an application. I generated controller home with an action show. In the view show I have the text "sample text"

I want to add a language swich (better automatic recogniser) which will be switching between english locale en_US ("sample text") and czech locale cs_CZ ("vzorový text")

I would recommend using fast_gettext. It's a lot nicer than Rails' built-in I18N.

I'm looking into the manual to i18n, but I'm not really making progress :frowning:

How do you expect us to help if you don't tell us what problems you're having?

Thanks in advance Jan

Best,