Learning Rails wth tutorial - can't pust to Heroku

Trying to learn ROR with the railstutorial.org, and i'm trying to push to Heroku and getting the following error:

# git push heroku master Counting objects: 85, done. Delta compression using up to 2 threads. Compressing objects: 100% (68/68), done. Writing objects: 100% (85/85), 87.95 KiB, done. Total 85 (delta 18), reused 0 (delta 0) -----> Rails app detected -----> Detected Rails is not set to serve static_assets        Installing rails3_serve_static_assets... done -----> Gemfile detected, running Bundler version 1.0.3        Unresolved dependencies detected; Installing...        You have modified your Gemfile in development but did not check        the resulting snapshot (Gemfile.lock) into version control        You have added to the Gemfile:        * sqlite3-ruby (= 1.3.2)        You have deleted from the Gemfile:        * sqlite3-ruby        FAILED: Managing Gems with Bundler | Heroku Dev Center ! Heroku push rejected, failed to install gems via Bundler

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try running 'bundle install' (or 'bundle' for short) from the command line and then repushing to Heroku. If that doesn't work, try 'bundle update'.

Make sure you run bundle install anytime after changing your Gemfile.

Hi, don't worry, you're ready with the hardest part I think, your connection, SSH keys, Git works fine.

You have only Sqlite Gem problem as it says:

You have deleted from the Gemfile:

\* sqlite3\-ruby

As other wrote here try bundle or bulndle install. You probably changed it without reinstalling.

If it has any problem with installing it locally you can find solutions here:

good luck, gezope

I am reading the same book. I don't know why the author gets hung up on git and heroku so early.

Zoltan Gero wrote in post #975157:

Hi, don't worry, you're ready with the hardest part I think, your connection, SSH keys, Git works fine.

You have only Sqlite Gem problem as it says:

You have deleted from the Gemfile:

* sqlite3-ruby

As other wrote here try bundle or bulndle install. You probably changed it without reinstalling.

If it has any problem with installing it locally you can find solutions here: Human verification - Stack Overflow

good luck, gezope

Hi Zoltan,

First, thanks for all of your help! I tried doing a bundle install and it failing when trying to install sqlite - it responds permission denied. See below:

$ bundle install Fetching source index for http://rubygems.org/ Using rake (0.8.7) Using abstract (1.0.0) Using activesupport (3.0.3) Using builder (2.1.2) Using i18n (0.4.2) Using activemodel (3.0.3) Using erubis (2.6.6) Using rack (1.2.1) Using rack-mount (0.6.13) Using rack-test (0.5.6) Using tzinfo (0.3.23) Using actionpack (3.0.3) Using mime-types (1.16) Using polyglot (0.3.1) Using treetop (1.4.9) Using mail (2.2.10) Using actionmailer (3.0.3) Using arel (2.0.4) Using activerecord (3.0.3) Using activeresource (3.0.3) Using bundler (1.0.7) Using thor (0.14.4) Using railties (3.0.3) Using rails (3.0.3) Installing sqlite3-ruby (1.3.2) /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:519:in `initialize': Permission denied - /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.3.2/API_CHANGES.rdoc (Errno::EACCES)

from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:519:in `open'   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:519:in `extract_files'   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:500:in `each'   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:500:in `extract_files'   from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:196:in `install'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/source.rb:95:in `install'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/installer.rb:55:in `run'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/spec_set.rb:12:in `each'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/spec_set.rb:12:in `each'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/installer.rb:44:in `run'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/installer.rb:8:in `install'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/cli.rb:225:in `install'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/task.rb:22:in `send'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/task.rb:22:in `run'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/invocation.rb:118:in `invoke_task'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/vendor/thor.rb:246:in `dispatch'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/base.rb:389:in `start'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/bundler-1.0.7/bin/bundle:13   from /usr/bin/bundle:19:in `load'   from /usr/bin/bundle:19

BTW, as instructed in the tutorial I made this change to the Gemlock file:

"gem 'sqlite3-ruby', '1.3.2', :group => :development"

Thank again,

Mike

Matthew Rupert wrote in post #975182:

I am reading the same book. I don't know why the author gets hung up on git and heroku so early.

I agree... If I can't resolve this soon I'm going to switch to the "Agile Web Development with Rails" book. Frustrating...

Mike Glozman wrote in post #975083:

Trying to learn ROR with the railstutorial.org, and i'm trying to push to Heroku and getting the following error:

# git push heroku master Counting objects: 85, done. Delta compression using up to 2 threads. Compressing objects: 100% (68/68), done. Writing objects: 100% (85/85), 87.95 KiB, done. Total 85 (delta 18), reused 0 (delta 0) -----> Rails app detected -----> Detected Rails is not set to serve static_assets        Installing rails3_serve_static_assets... done -----> Gemfile detected, running Bundler version 1.0.3        Unresolved dependencies detected; Installing...        You have modified your Gemfile in development but did not check        the resulting snapshot (Gemfile.lock) into version control

Well, there's your precise error description right there. Have you done what's suggested there?

You have added to the Gemfile:        * sqlite3-ruby (= 1.3.2)        You have deleted from the Gemfile:        * sqlite3-ruby        FAILED: http://docs.heroku.com/bundler ! Heroku push rejected, failed to install gems via Bundler

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

You can try installing the gem outside of Bundler.

gem install sqlite3-ruby

or if you're not using RVM

Oh yes, he's right, forgot to ask: do you have Sqlite3 gem itself?

The way is:

1. Right version of Ruby, Gem, Rails installed - hopefully with Ruby Version Manager http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/ . You can try these from terminal: "ruby -v" "rails-v" "gem -v" (If you have further problems please write here the output, also your OS.)

2. Installing the requred gems. Here you may not have the Sqlite3 gem in your system so bundle can't use it. As Arailsdemo wrote depending on using RVM or not you do: with RVM: gem install sqlite3-ruby (NOT sudo, important!) without RVM: sudo gem install sqlite3-ruby

You should check if it exists already by: "gem list" (Also send the list here if you have further problem please.)

3. Then bundle it, run server, etc.

I recommend to search this mailinst and StackOverflow too.