Lead Rails Developer – Berlin - Visasponsoring
About the Job
Our client is seeking a developer to lead on maintaining and improving
of our platform for connecting charities and game developers.
Reporting to the CTO the lead developer will be responsible for the
continued development of the platform (based on Ruby on Rails, hosted on
AWS) and will be an integral part of the technical team with
responsibility for production servers, deployment, development
(including working with contract & outsource developers), and passing on
your knowledge & experience to more junior members of the team.
The following skills and experience are considered important for this
• Proven experience building software with Ruby using OO methodology
• Proven experience building applications using Ruby on Rails (v3 & 4)
• Experience of test-driven development using RSpec & Selenium
• Demonstrated knowledge of SQL query building (ActiveRecord issues) &
• Experience with the AWS stack including EC2, RDS, Elastic IP,
Route53, S3, SQS, and CloudWatch.
• Create clean, semantic, HTML markup and work with both CSS &
• Experience designing & maintaining API’s
• Experience supporting 3rd party developers & API consumers
• Experience working in a flexible, distributed, team
• Experience with Linux environment setup, configuration, and
deployment on the AWS
• Able to work independently but co-ordinate with the team and offer
leadership to other developers
• Experience of the games industry, understanding of Facebook & mobile
gaming and in-app purchase systems including iTunes store, Google Play
• Familiarity with different payment systems, currency issues, &
transaction based systems
• Familiarity with Puppet, Docker, LogStash
• Familiarity with PHP, Wordpress themes, and Tumblr
Our client accepts international applications and offers Visasponsoring.
Interested candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org