We have produced a daemon which serves up your ActiveRecord objects as
LDAP records. You can read all about it on the Thoughtbot blog:
And the svn repo is here:
Here is a quick rundown of the features:
* Runs as a daemon, completely outside of your rails application.
* Multithreaded for performance
* Currently designed for read-only person objects, and returns values
that Thunderbird and Addressbook.app can understand.
* Will work out of the box for any AR subclass that implements the
class.search and obj.to_ldap methods.
* Designed to be production-ready (all variables stored in a config
file, and all exceptions should be correctly caught).
Customizations and additions would be more than welcome.