launch error

Hey all, I am just getting started with RoR and am having trouble launching the localhost:3000 page. Here is the error message I am getting in my command prompt:

<code>C:\Users\Michael\rubydev\ch04\first>ruby script/server C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems.rb:827:in `report_activate_error': R ubyGem version error: rack(1.0.0 not ~> 1.0.1) (Gem::LoadError)         from C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems.rb:261:in `activate'         from C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems.rb:68:in `gem'         from C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_cont roller.rb:34:in `<top (required)>'         from C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_s upport/dependencies.rb:156:in `require'         from C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_s upport/dependencies.rb:156:in `block in require'         from C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_s upport/dependencies.rb:521:in `new_constants_in'         from C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_s upport/dependencies.rb:156:in `require'         from C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rails-2.3.5/lib/commands/server. rb:2:in `<top (required)>'         from script/server:3:in `require'         from script/server:3:in `<main>' </code>

I am not sure how to fix this, any advice would be great! thank you in advance!

Hi Mike,

I got a similar error to this before.This happened when I was tinkering with the environment.rb. If you've done this, you'll want to revert everything back.

I haven't found a solution to fix this, so the best advice I can give you is download Ruby 1.8.7 and redo the whole installation process as well as your coding. You'll want to work in the Ruby 1.8.7 terminal so the computer won't get confused about which Ruby version you're using. It's not the best solution and far from ideal, but it's the only one I have.

Wish you luck :slight_smile: Anon_comp

Do you have the rack -v 1.0.1 gem installed?