jsrender, templates, assets, etc.

I want to use jsrender and jsviews in a Rails 3 project. I want to think
of the templates as "assets" and manage them via sprockets. This implies
that a Tilt compatible template engine is needed. I'm wondering if
anyone is already working on this concept.

If no one is already working on this -- then any suggestions on how to
make it easy to use, Rails 3-like, convenient for debugging in
development mode, and efficient in production made would be much
appreciated.

The tutorial by John Papa uses external templates but only in a one shot
fashion. I don't want to go fetch all my template files separately when
in production. Just as all the javascript and all the css files are
served up as one concatenated file, I'd like to serve all the templates
up as one file when in production mode.

Thank you for your time,
Perry Smith

I had a similar problem, where I found the presented solutions to
handling external templates for jsRender to be lacking. I created a js
library to help facilitate adding external files to an html page. Note
that this library will work with any templating engine, not just
jsRender. I would like you to take a look and see if that helps your
problem; if not, maybe I could extend what I already have to make it
more useful.

https://github.com/stevenmtwhunt/rendertmpl

Thanks!

Steven Hunt

Steven H. wrote in post #1075682:

I had a similar problem, where I found the presented solutions to
handling external templates for jsRender to be lacking. I created a js
library to help facilitate adding external files to an html page. Note
that this library will work with any templating engine, not just
jsRender. I would like you to take a look and see if that helps your
problem; if not, maybe I could extend what I already have to make it
more useful.

https://github.com/stevenmtwhunt/rendertmpl

Thanks!

Steven Hunt

Update: I went ahead and added multi-part template files to my library.
Let me know if that will suffice.

Steven

Sorry to post again here, but I recently changed the project name on
github so that the name better reflected the purpose of the library:

https://github.com/stevenmtwhunt/tmpl.loader