Is this functionality achievable through accepts_nested_attributes_for

I have these four models

class Comment < ActiveRecord::Base   has_many :relationships   has_many :advantages, :through => :relationships, :source => :resource, :source_type => 'Advantage'   has_many :disadvantages, :through => :relationships, :source => :resource, :source_type => 'Disadvantage'

accepts_nested_attributes_for :advantages, :disadvantages end

class Advantage < ActiveRecord::Base   has_many :relationships, :as => :resource   has_many :comments, :through => :relationships end

class Disadvantage < ActiveRecord::Base   has_many :relationships, :as => :resource   has_many :comments, :through => :relationships end

class Relationship < ActiveRecord::Base   belongs_to :resource, :polymorphic => true   belongs_to :comment end

Since I have related commennts with advantages, disadvantages and have given the attribute `accepts_nested_attributes_for`, when I try to save new record of comments with new records of advantages, it saves. For example

params = {   :comment => {     :comment => 'This is a sample comment',     :advantages_attributes => [     { :plus => 'This is a good product' },     { :plus => 'It has all the functionality' },     { :plus => 'Performs bette than others'}     ]   } }

comment = Comment.create(params[:comment])

This saves 3 records of advantages and 1 comment to the database and makes 3 entries in the relationship table.

But not always I want to create new entries for the advantages, if there are already existing advantages, I would like to send just the id, so only the relatioship table is being updated. So my params would be like this

params = {   :comment => {     :comment => 'This is a sample comment',     :advantages_attributes => [     { :id => 1 },     { :plus => 'It has all the functionality' },     { :plus => 'Performs bette than others'}     ]   } }

Here I want a new comment to be created which has to be associated with the already existing advantage with `id => 1` and create new advantages for the next two and relate it with the comment, but when i try this directly it throws an error. How can I achieve this?