Invitation to join Rubyists.EU!

Dear Ruby enthusiasts,

At the beginning of October, 2009, we embarked on a project, sweeping in both scope and ambition. Inspired by the current integration trends in an ever shrinking world with porous boundaries, we firmly believe that the Internet has dismantled the final barriers that prevent people from promoting their work, sharing their knowledge, and cooperating with one another. Yet, after numerous futile attempts to establish better communication and keep in touch with Rubyists from Europe, we decided that the time had come to give our little contribution to the Ruby community in Europe.

Driven by the idea that Ruby/Rails user groups in the Old Continent do have something to show and share, we came up with the concept of Rubyists.EU. In its essence, this initiative is a free of charge communications platform, which aims at encouraging better communications among Ruby/Rails communities and developers across Europe. Its brave mission is to promote awareness, enhance assistance, and further boost cooperation and collaboration among individual hackers and user groups in Europe. The Rubyists.EU initiative harbors the grand vision that in time, by forging long lasting bonds, European Rubyists could foster a sense of belonging to something bigger than their local communities. Thus, we would like to extend an open invitation and encourage you to join forces on the Rubyists.EU arena of action and interaction.

This initiative has the potential to become a treasure trove for enthusiastic communities in Europe. By partaking in Rubyists.EU, members can attach an extra layer of visibility to their Ruby/Rails groups and respectively, to themselves. Hackers have the opportunity to join new communities or even found their own. Rubyists can share interesting details about their regular group meetups, bring interesting events and conferences to the attention of others, announce special presentations, make their groundbreaking Ruby advancements public, publish the pioneering Ruby projects they are working on, or simply chat with fellow developers. Hopefully, the Rubyists.EU initiative will grow into a living and breathing idea, which can precipitate the development of a robust Ruby community in Europe.

In that context, we require your assistance. Due to factors, which are entirely out of our reach, we are unable to reach all the separate Ruby/Rails groups in Europe. Please, raise awareness of the Rubyists.EU initiative and forward this invitation to all the user groups and developers you know in your country or in other states in Europe.

We would like to inform you that only user groups are allowed to join the Rubyists.EU hub for the moment.Yet, individual Ruby enthusiasts are warmly encouraged to join our group on LinkedIn and to subscribe to our mailing list . You can also join us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. Our Twitter policy stipulates that we follow only Ruby/Rails groups, conferences, and special events. Yet, feel free to follow us and receive a daily update about what is hot in Ruby Europe. Furthermore, developers and enthusiasts can also chat with other Rubyists on the IRC channel on Freenode: #rubyists.eu or exchange enlightening information on our public Google Wave channel. In the near future, we will be implementing an individual registration form in the Rubyists.EU website, which will grant hackers exclusive access to various features embedded in this platform. After all, the Rubyists.EU initiative should benefit the European Ruby community and its members in general.

Thank you very much for your attention and your assistance!

We are looking forward to seeing how your participation in Rubyists.EU can shape the vision of Ruby in Europe!

United We Stand Out!

The Rubyists.EU crew http://rubyists.eu/

Dear Ruby enthusiasts,

At the beginning of October, 2009, we embarked on a project, sweeping in both scope and ambition. Inspired by the current integration trends in an ever shrinking world with porous boundaries, we firmly believe that the Internet has dismantled the final barriers that prevent people from promoting their work, sharing their knowledge, and cooperating with one another. Yet, after numerous futile attempts to establish better communication and keep in touch with Rubyists from Europe, we decided that the time had come to give our little contribution to the Ruby community in Europe.

Driven by the idea that Ruby/Rails user groups in the Old Continent do have something to show and share, we came up with the concept of Rubyists.EU. In its essence, this initiative is a free of charge communications platform, which aims at encouraging better communications among Ruby/Rails communities and developers across Europe. Its brave mission is to promote awareness, enhance assistance, and further boost cooperation and collaboration among individual hackers and user groups in Europe. The Rubyists.EU initiative harbors the grand vision that in time, by forging long lasting bonds, European Rubyists could foster a sense of belonging to something bigger than their local communities. Thus, we would like to extend an open invitation and encourage you to join forces on the Rubyists.EU arena of action and interaction.

This initiative has the potential to become a treasure trove for enthusiastic communities in Europe. By partaking in Rubyists.EU, members can attach an extra layer of visibility to their Ruby/Rails groups and respectively, to themselves. Hackers have the opportunity to join new communities or even found their own. Rubyists can share interesting details about their regular group meetups, bring interesting events and conferences to the attention of others, announce special presentations, make their groundbreaking Ruby advancements public, publish the pioneering Ruby projects they are working on, or simply chat with fellow developers. Hopefully, the Rubyists.EU initiative will grow into a living and breathing idea, which can precipitate the development of a robust Ruby community in Europe.

In that context, we require your assistance. Due to factors, which are entirely out of our reach, we are unable to reach all the separate Ruby/Rails groups in Europe. Please, raise awareness of the Rubyists.EU initiative and forward this invitation to all the user groups and developers you know in your country or in other states in Europe.

We would like to inform you that only user groups are allowed to join the Rubyists.EU hub for the moment.Yet, individual Ruby enthusiasts are warmly encouraged to join our group on LinkedIn and to subscribe to our mailing list . You can also join us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. Our Twitter policy stipulates that we follow only Ruby/Rails groups, conferences, and special events. Yet, feel free to follow us and receive a daily update about what is hot in Ruby Europe. Furthermore, developers and enthusiasts can also chat with other Rubyists on the IRC channel on Freenode: #rubyists.eu or exchange enlightening information on our public Google Wave channel. In the near future, we will be implementing an individual registration form in the Rubyists.EU website, which will grant hackers exclusive access to various features embedded in this platform. After all, the Rubyists.EU initiative should benefit the European Ruby community and its members in general.

Thank you very much for your attention and your assistance!

We are looking forward to seeing how your participation in Rubyists.EU can shape the vision of Ruby in Europe!

United We Stand Out!

The Rubyists.EU crew http://rubyists.eu/

First of all, I want to say hello to Javier here. I've had the pelasure to met him personally these days. It is great to see such a movement. Even when I' m not european, I would really like to join and help this group. I am offering here, to build a bridge between different communities of ruby enthusiastics, I don't wanna disturb the job you're doing here, but help you to narrow the gap between people in different continents working with the same set of tools. I've had the pleasure to met, talk and even have a few beers with other persons from around the globe in the RER2009 conference a few days ago and I have to say it is really inspiring how people can, not only work, but spend time together being from different cultures and different backgrounds. I really hope to see rubyists.eu in the top of the ruby comunities, and I would love to help to this cause. That being said, I hope everything will go as it should go and I am really looking forward to do something together in the near future.

United We Stand Out!

"...Togetherwe stand, divided we fall...(we fall... we fall...)..." (Thanks Roger :slight_smile:

Happy coding for everyone.