InstantRails - command "rails" does not work

Xxx Yyy wrote:

Hey,

I installed InstantRails 1.7 (on Windows XP Home). I unzipped it with 7-Zip in D:\InstantRails (no spaces in pathname + short pathname) to avoid UnZip-problems. I followed the installation instructions. The cookbook-example works fine.

But when I want to create an own project with "rails projectname", my computer says something like "The command "rails" is either written wrong or it is not found." What do I do wrong?!!! By the way - InstantRails already worked on this computer about a year ago. But I deleted it in between... Did I forgot to install something?    Did you run use_ruby.cmd in the console before your tried that? Seems like a path issue.

Cheers, Mohit. 9/9/2007 | 6:43 PM.

Xxx Yyy wrote:

Mohit Sindhwani wrote:   

Did you run use_ruby.cmd in the console before your tried that? Seems like a path issue.

That's it!! Thank you very much for your fast reply! I think it is not written anywhere in the installation instructions...

I discovered it by chance when I thought I'd create a script called 'use_rails.cmd' that would initialize the paths :stuck_out_tongue: and discovered that there was something already there! :slight_smile:

Cheers, Mohit. 9/9/2007 | 6:54 PM.

Mohit Sindhwani wrote:

Xxx Yyy wrote:   

Mohit Sindhwani wrote:   

Did you run use_ruby.cmd in the console before your tried that? Seems like a path issue.

That's it!! Thank you very much for your fast reply! I think it is not written anywhere in the installation instructions...

I discovered it by chance when I thought I'd create a script called 'use_rails.cmd' that would initialize the paths :stuck_out_tongue: and discovered that there was something already there! :slight_smile:

Actually, I run another script in that directory that opens up another window in the same directory

start cmd /k use_ruby.cmd use_ruby.cmd

This way, I have 1 windows for running the rails commands and another for the server. I know there are many ways to achieve this, though.

Cheers, Mohit. 9/9/2007 | 7:01 PM.