Installing rmagick - failed

Downloaded the latest rmagic, typed in sudo gem install rmagick, and got some failures:

checking for Magick-config... no ... Can't install RMagick 2.9.2. Can't find Magick-config in /usr/local/ bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/ sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

Anyone have any idea? I want to install on OSX, not super familiar with installing gems.

Thanks!

Downloaded the latest rmagic, typed in sudo gem install rmagick, and got some failures:

Do you have imagemagick installed ?(one of the easier ways is to install it via macports)

Fred

I'm not sure.. I have no idea. Hhow would I check?

I've tried looking up for a while but can't find anything. Hivelogic has a good tutorial, but none of the zip files are working.

I'm not sure.. I have no idea. Hhow would I check?

If you don't remember doing it then you almost certainly haven't done it. On a mac I usually install Imagemagick via macports.

Fred

When you say none of the zip files are working, what do you mean exactly. Are you getting compile errors?

Cheers–

Charles

wejrowski@gmail.com wrote:

checking for Magick-config... no ... Can't install RMagick 2.9.2. Can't find Magick-config in /usr/local/ bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/ sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

Anyone have any idea? I want to install on OSX, not super familiar with installing gems.

Thanks!

"How do I install RMagick on OS X?"

http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/install-faq.html#osx