installing plugin offline

I have tried everything I can possibly think of to install a rails plugin without being connected to the internet. Specifically, I'm wanting to try out the streamlined and active scaffold plugins to compare the 2 and choose the best one, but my rails app is on a work machine that is offline. I've even tried committing both plugins to my own svn, as well as make it accessible from an apache web server and passing it to the script/plugin command as follows:

ruby script/plugin install <path_to_plugin>

However, whatever I've tried to set <path_to_plugin> as, ends up telling me that the plugin is not found.

I've scoured the web as best I can and it amazes me that it seems no one else has had this issue yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried everything I can possibly think of to install a rails plugin without being connected to the internet. Specifically, I'm wanting to try out the streamlined and active scaffold plugins to compare the 2 and choose the best one, but my rails app is on a work machine that is offline. I've even tried committing both plugins to my own svn, as well as make it accessible from an apache web server and passing it to the script/plugin command as follows:

ruby script/plugin install <path_to_plugin>

All script/plugin does is download the plugin and run the install.rb if it exists. Check the plugin into source control and you should be fine.

Fred