inflections problem - rails 3.1.1

After upgrading to Rails 3.1.1 I am getting an error related to inflections for a model - TradeTerms This model has same name for singular and plural tenses, but this is now not recognized and I get error: uninitialized constant TradeTerm

I tried messing around with initializer for inflections and set rules (not sure which one is the one to use), but it made no difference anyway and I still get the same error..

ActiveSupport::Inflector.inflections do |inflect|   inflect.singular 'trade_terms', 'trade_terms'   inflect.plural 'trade_terms', 'trade_terms'   inflect.irregular 'trade_terms', 'trade_terms' end

So your singular for "trade terms" is TradeTerms, and your plural is TradeTerms too? Don't you think that *might* be a bad idea? Can the singular not be TradeTerm?

Slava Mikerin wrote in post #1025868:

I tried messing around with initializer for inflections and set rules (not sure which one is the one to use), but it made no difference anyway and I still get the same error..

ActiveSupport::Inflector.inflections do |inflect|   inflect.singular 'trade_terms', 'trade_terms'   inflect.plural 'trade_terms', 'trade_terms'   inflect.irregular 'trade_terms', 'trade_terms' end

If you want the same plural and singular form then you want to use "uncountable":

ActiveSupport::Inflector.inflections do |inflect|   inflect.uncountable %w( trade_terms ) end

Loading development environment (Rails 3.1.1) ruby-1.9.2-p290 :001 > "fish".pluralize => "fish" ruby-1.9.2-p290 :002 > "sheep".pluralize => "sheep" ruby-1.9.2-p290 :003 > "trade_terms".pluralize => "trade_terms" ruby-1.9.2-p290 :004 > "trade_terms".singularize => "trade_terms"