Im New, help appreciated

Hi All

I thought i would join this forum as a way to get to grips with ROR ( which i know will take a while)Ive been following some small tutorials on-line, which are ok but don't really go into much detail. im looking for lists of commands and what they do and some commands for setting up a mysql database. If anyone could give some advice where to get these i would really appreciate it.

I want to set up a site to collect all my golf scores via #blue. Again any assistance is greatly appreciated. Maybe someone would like to be a point of contact to ask questions?

Hi All

I thought i would join this forum as a way to get to grips with ROR (

That is a good idea, I did that myself. Any time you understand a question then try and understand the answer and soon you will understand more questions.

which i know will take a while)Ive been following some small tutorials on-line, which are ok but don't really go into much detail. im looking

Have you tried railstutorial.org which is quite extensive and free-to-use-online? Make sure any tutorial matches the version of Rails you have (at least the first two digits).

for lists of commands and what they do and some commands for setting up a mysql database. If anyone could give some advice where to get these i would really appreciate it.

I want to set up a site to collect all my golf scores via #blue. Again any assistance is greatly appreciated. Maybe someone would like to be a point of contact to ask questions?

You could just come back here with questions.

Colin