How to upgrade to rails 2.0?

I wanted to ask if anyone has any links to online resources or tutorials that teach you how to upgrade to rails 2.0?

Cheers, Elle

Type how to upgrade rails on google.com

Thanks guys. Here's another question: I used this command: rake rails:freeze:edge TAG=rel_2-0-1

But now when I try to start the server I get this error: ...vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:159:in `require_frameworks': no such file to load -- active_resource (RuntimeError) from /.../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:88:in `process' from /.../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:49:in `send' from /.../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:49:in `run' from /.../config/environment.rb:14 from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 27:in `gem_original_require' from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 27:in `require' from /.../vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/ dependencies.rb:496:in `require' from /.../vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/ dependencies.rb:342:in `new_constants_in'          ... 21 levels... from /.../vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/ dependencies.rb:496:in `require' from /.../vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/server.rb:39 from script/server:3:in `require' from script/server:3

Could I ask for advice on what the problem is?

TIA, Elle

Thanks guys. Here's another question: I used this command: rake rails:freeze:edge TAG=rel_2-0-1

Do it again (sounds stupid but it's true). The first time you run this, you're running the rails 1.2.x version of the rake task, that doesn't know about activeresource (and so doesn't download it). The second time you're running the rails 2.0.1 version of the rake task, which does know about activeresource.

Fred

Run it again and this time, when trying to start the server I get a different error: /.../vendor/rails/actionmailer/lib/action_mailer/base.rb:354:in `method_missing': undefined method `server_settings=' for ActionMailer::Base:Class (NoMethodError)         from /.../config/environment.rb:68         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/ custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/ custom_require.rb:27:in `require'         from /.../vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/ dependencies.rb:496:in `require'         from /.../vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/ dependencies.rb:342:in `new_constants_in'         from /.../vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/ dependencies.rb:496:in `require'         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.0.1/lib/ mongrel/rails.rb:155:in `rails'         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.0.1/bin/ mongrel_rails:112:in `cloaker_'          ... 18 levels...         from /.../vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/ dependencies.rb:496:in `require'         from /.../vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/server.rb:39         from script/server:3:in `require'         from script/server:3

My config/environment.rb has the following: 65 ActionMailer::Base.delivery_method = :smtp 66 67 c = YAML::load(File.open("#{RAILS_ROOT}/config/config.yml")) 68 ActionMailer::Base.server_settings = { 69 :address => c[RAILS_ENV]['email']['server'], 70 :port => c[RAILS_ENV]['email']['port'], 71 :domain => c[RAILS_ENV]['email']['domain'], 72 :authentication => c[RAILS_ENV]['email']['authentication'], 73 :user_name => c[RAILS_ENV]['email']['username'], 74 :password => c[RAILS_ENV]['email']['password'] 75 } 76 CONTACT_RECIPIENT = c[RAILS_ENV]['email']['contact_recipient']

Should I run it again? or is this a different problem? Elle

Hi, you can try using the following instead of server_settings:

smtp_settings

Good luck,

-Conrad