How to update my project to rails 2.02?

I have installed the gems already, but how to get my existing project upgraded? I have tried the about page and its still saying 1.2.6.

You should check in config/environment.rb and make sure the gem version is set to '2.0.2' or whatever.

You could also freeze Rails to your vendor/ directory using rake rails:freeze:edge.

--Jeremy

Sure? But I know there are some file structure changes (e.g. the introduction of initializers, which is one of the feature catch my interest to update). How can I make them all consistent?

And- after I change it to 2.0.2 mongrel fail to start complaining missing source code.

i.e., with RadRails, something to do with RadRails? Command prompt ruby script/server works fine. BTW I am using Windows.

NO--- sorry, command prompt doesnt work too.

Exiting c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_re quire': no such file to load -- c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ mongrel-1.0.1-x86 -mswin32/lib/mongrel/init.rb (MissingSourceFile)

Mongrel has issue with latest rubygems on windows. I have uninstalled mongrel and install only the latest, now it start to work (although I heard there are still issues on the service, but I am doing only development work on windows anyway, so its an non-issue) Reference here:

So- about the new rails 2.02 structure, how can I ensure my entire rails project is going to be updated properly?

For those come across the mongrel issue like me, this is a more detailed explanation:

Change the rails version in environment.rb