how to run a cronjob in rackspace

hi everyone im trying to run the cronjob in rackspace server can anyone help me out how to run cronjob. before i used host getter server to run cronjobs with the help of cpanel when it comes to rackspace there is no cpanel .help me out guys..

thanks in advance

You can take a look at the whenever gem, it provides a nice way to manage cron jobs through ruby and if you are deploying using capistrano you just need to add this two lines to your deploy.rb file:

set :whenever_command, “bundle exec whenever”

require “whenever/capistrano”

Give it a try =D

Best regards!

thanks Rodriguez for your reply i am using rails 2.3.8 does whenever will work in 2.3.8. i tried but i am missing something i can not run a file with whenever i was following this link http://railscasts.com/episodes/164-cron-in-ruby can you plz help me out.as you said to add those 2 line in deploy.rb file in rails 2.3.8 you don’t find deploy.rb file. i am trying in my local system first so that i can implement in server.

Best regards!

hi Rodriguez when i am trying wheneverize gem i use this command sudo rake gems:install and i get this message WARNING: ‘require ‘rake/rdoctask’’ is deprecated. Please use ‘require ‘rdoc/task’ (in RDoc 2.4.2+)’ instead. at /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/rdoctask.rb DEPRECATION WARNING: Rake tasks in vendor/plugins/fckeditor/tasks, vendor/plugins/open_flash_chart/tasks, vendor/plugins/prawnto/tasks, and vendor/plugins/restful_authentication/tasks are deprecated. Use lib/tasks instead. (called from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/tasks/rails.rb:10) i am unable to install the gem .