How to inject a value in params when testing a helper method

I what to try this method in a helper class:

def moderator_buttons?     return true if params[:question_status] == 'HOST_INBOX'     return true if params[:question_status] == 'HOST_INBOX_READ'     return true if params[:question_status] == 'DELETED'     return true if params[:question_status] == 'LATER'     return true if params[:question_status] == 'MODERATOR_TO_APPROVE'

false   end

How can I assign 'HOST_INBOX' string to params[:question_status] before

assert true, moderator_buttons?

Riccardo Tacconi wrote:

I what to try this method in a helper class:

def moderator_buttons?     return true if params[:question_status] == 'HOST_INBOX'     return true if params[:question_status] == 'HOST_INBOX_READ'     return true if params[:question_status] == 'DELETED'     return true if params[:question_status] == 'LATER'     return true if params[:question_status] == 'MODERATOR_TO_APPROVE'

false   end

No you don't. Your helpers don't have access to params, since they live in the view layer. You'll need to pass params[:question_status] in as an @instance variable.

Best,

They do - ActionView::Base delegates the params method (among others) to the controller

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

No you don't. �Your helpers don't have access to params, since they live in the view layer. �You'll need to pass params[:question_status] in as an @instance variable.

They do - ActionView::Base delegates the params method (among others) to the controller

OK, then I'm sorry for the error. I still can't see why it's ever a good idea to touch the params array in the view...

...though I suppose you could make the argument that the controller shouldn't have to know it needs to set @question_status.

Fred

Best,