how to deploy a rails project in to server

hi to every one am new to ror

recently we develop a project called templatesbasket.com

everything work in localhost properly.

can anyone tell me the procedure for deploying rails project from localhost to server .

plz help me. its very urgent

thanks in advance

There are dozens of blog posts and even a recently released book on the subject from The Pragmatic Programmer. http://brainspl.at would be the first place to look. Google would be the second.

hi thanks for ur reply

can u tell me the procedure for deploy a simple "helloworld" application into server using goddady

Hi everyone & Kumar

Yes I know, someone will come up with capistrano, which is good and fine, but this guy doesn't seem to have the time to learn it. So just a few pointers: - You need to have ruby and rails (and mongrel) running on the new Server ( you are telling us too little about WHAT exactly you may need to deploy apart from your own application) - Usually it's enough to copy the database to the new server, empty it from testdata, rename it to the productionname (you DID configure a production-DB in your database.yml?) - then copy the application-directory to the new server and see if it runs with "script/server -e production" - look into mongrel_rails - look into apache-proxying - don't run mongrel on port 80 - start by moving the application to another non-production-server, to see if you got the basics working, before going into production

good luck, and try dry-running this kind of move next time, before you have to post another "urgent cry for help" . Best wishes, Phil

Sure...

First you read the various articles on deploying a rails app to the server, then you try to follow them.

This is a pretty deep topic that has been covered at length. Time to do a little homework.