How to call javascript method from controller or by Ajax?

Hi guys,

In Rails framework, I need to call the lightbox to add payment method by using javascript method AuthorizeNetPopup.openAddPaymentPopup(). But based on the design, the popup should be triggered by other ways not by clicking the normal button. For example, users click "signup" button, the server side can generate ProfileID, Token, and send the Token to page, but right now how can I automatically tirgger the AuthorizeNetPopup.openAddPaymentPopup() method to open the popup? If I can refer to Ajax, but how can I call the above method in .js file?

I appreciate any idea or suggestion!!! Thank you very much in advance!!!

Best!

testwishluck wrote in post #1048151:

Hi guys,

In Rails framework, I need to call the lightbox to add payment method by using javascript method AuthorizeNetPopup.openAddPaymentPopup(). But based on the design, the popup should be triggered by other ways not by clicking the normal button. For example, users click "signup" button, the server side can generate ProfileID, Token, and send the Token to page, but right now how can I automatically tirgger the AuthorizeNetPopup.openAddPaymentPopup() method to open the popup? If I can refer to Ajax, but how can I call the above method in .js file?

There are many events that occur on a web page besides button/link click events. It's all depends on when you want the popup to show.

If you just need it to show when the page load then show the popup in the "document ready" event.

Using JQuery:

If your request is javascript ( JS ) or AJAX request, just use below code

respond_to do format.html {} format.js { render :js => "my_js_function();" } end note:- your request should be js request.

you can simplify this by setting the respond_to at the top of your controller

example:

class SomeController < ApplicationController

respond_to :html, :json, :js

and then inside your actions you just pass the param to a respond_with:

def some_action

respond_with @some_var

end