how to add a query parameter with same name as one of the options in url_for helper

Hey,

I upgraded our app from rails 3.0.10 to rails 3.1, but I found that the helper call 'sites_path(@site, :domain => a_domain)' won't generate the url I want, I actually want something like '/sites/1? domain=a_domain', but query parameter 'domain' is missing from the generated url. I found that Rails 3.1 introduced a new option called 'domain' for url_for: Ruby on Rails 3.1 Release Notes — Ruby on Rails Guides. I am curious if we can still add query parameter called 'domain' in url.

Thanks.

Hey,

I upgraded our app from rails 3.0.10 to rails 3.1, but I found that the helper call 'sites_path(@site, :domain => a_domain)' won't generate the url I want, I actually want something like '/sites/1? domain=a_domain', but query parameter 'domain' is missing from the generated url. I found that Rails 3.1 introduced a new option called 'domain' for url_for: Ruby on Rails 3.1 Release Notes — Ruby on Rails Guides. I am curious if we can still add query parameter called 'domain' in url.

I'm not sure this will help, there may be some coercion going on further up the chain that you'd be hard-pressed to override, but you might try using a bare string instead of the symbol: 'domain' => 'a_domain'.

Walter