How do you verify that upgrading rails worked?

Quick question - I was running 1.1.2, and I just did Gem Update Rails. I should now be at 1.1.6. In all of my applications, do I just need to change the environment.rb to say

RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '1.1.6' instead of RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '1.1.2'

Or is there anything else I need to do? And how do I verify that it is now running 1.1.6?

Thanks, Ben Lisbakken

how do i get off of the mailing list?

how do i get off of the mailing list?

Hi Ben,

Or is there anything else I need to do? And how do I verify that it is now running 1.1.6?

From the command line, run the "about" script, which you'll find in the "script" directory of your Rails project directory:

~/Workarea $ ./script/about About your application's environment Ruby version 1.8.4 (powerpc-darwin8.6.0) RubyGems version 0.8.11 Rails version 1.1.6 Active Record version 1.14.4 Action Pack version 1.12.5 Action Web Service version 1.1.6 Action Mailer version 1.2.5 Active Support version 1.3.1 Application root /blegga/blegga/blegga Environment development Database adapter mysql ~/Workarea $ _

The "about" script is "clever" enough to detect a misconfigured "environment.rb", e.g. when setting RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '1.1.7' the output is as follows:

~/Workarea $ ./script/about Cannot find gem for Rails =1.1.7:      Install the missing gem with 'gem install -v=1.1.7 rails', or      change environment.rb to define RAILS_GEM_VERSION with your desired version.

~/Workarea $ _

Hope this helps,

Peter V.

PS - You can also get the above version information from a running Rails application by clicking on the Ajax-empowered "About your application's environment" link on the standard Rails index.html page... the page fragments that pops up will also confirm which version of Rails you are effectively running.