How do you a new inflection rule in Rails 3?

Hi,

I'm trying to implement dehumanize method in Rails 3. Basically what this post does:

Here:

module ActiveSupport::Inflector   # does the opposite of humanize.... mostly. Basically does a   # space-substituting .underscore   def dehumanize(the_string)     result = the_string.to_s.dup     result.downcase.gsub(/ +/,'_')   end end class String   def dehumanize     ActiveSupport::Inflector.dehumanize(self)   end end

config/inflections.rb in Rails 3 says:

# Add new inflection rules using the following format ActiveSupport::Inflector.inflections do |inflect|    inflect.plural /^(ox)$/i, '\1en' end

But if change that to inflect.pluralo /^(ox)$/i, '\1en' It will complain with: `block in <top (required)>': undefined method `pluralo' for #<ActiveSupport::Inflector::Inflections:0x00000100d5f560> (NoMethodError)

I'm missing something.

Cheers.

plural != pluralo

Michael Pavling wrote in post #983295:

# Add new inflection rules using the following format ActiveSupport::Inflector.inflections do |inflect| inflect.plural /^(ox)$/i, '\1en' end

But if change that to inflect.pluralo /^(ox)$/i, '\1en' It will complain

plural != pluralo

Hi, do you mean that I misspelled the name? What I mean is that any new name I put there generates a method not found error.

So if I write inflect.dehumanize I get: `block in <top (required)>': undefined method `dehumanize' for #<ActiveSupport::Inflector::Inflections:0x00000100d5f560> (NoMethodError)

So apparently something else is needed other than the rule in that file (?)

I wasn't clear, sorry.