hi folks....

i m a beginner in ruby on rails... i need a complete a code for the following...

1. To parse a word document containing the students details...                                   2.i ve to link these details in to database...

i need all the codings to be done in ruby on rails...

I may not fully understand the question, but are you asking someone to supply the whole application for you? If not then a more focussed question indicating the particular detail that you need help with would be better.

I presume you have already worked through some tutorials such as the rails guides and used google to try and answer the questions yourself.

Colin

thanks for your quick reply... see i have to parse a word document and i have to map those details to database in ROR...

That's not really what we do here...try

thanks for your reply... atleast just say me the overview or steps i have to follow in doing that application...

Well Word doc's are tricky, here's some ideas from SO.com:

That will probably be the hardest part, after parsing it, it should be a pretty standard thing to take the data and put it in a DB, any decent Rails tutorial can teach you that.

thanks actually for referring that link... i want some more details regarding that...