Helper methods not availlable in controller

Hi,

I don't start pasting lots of code since I am not sure what would be relevant.

I have one controller that doesn't include all my helper methods. I get: undefined method `full_admin?' for #<CompaniesController: 0x20ce458> full_admin? is defined in my users_helper   def full_admin?     current_user.full_admin?   end

I do have helper :all # include all helpers, all the time in my application.rb controller.

So I would expect it to be availlable in all my controllers.

I know a helper method might not be the proper place for this but I liked the syntactic suger for my controllers and views :wink:

What am I doing wrong?

Regards, Wijnand

So I would expect it to be availlable in all my controllers.

I know a helper method might not be the proper place for this but I liked the syntactic suger for my controllers and views :wink:

Helper means view helper: they are only included in views. If you want a method you can call from views or controllers you need to define it in your controller (if you need all controllers to see it then in ApplicationController) and use helper_method to make it accessible to views.

Fred

Helper means view helper: they are only included in views. If you want a method you can call from views or controllers you need to define it in your controller (if you need all controllers to see it then in ApplicationController) and use helper_method to make it accessible to views.

Fred

Okay, so how would you allow a controller (or even a model) to use for instance the helpers truncate or sanitize?

Okay, so how would you allow a controller (or even a model) to use for instance the helpers truncate or sanitize?

The solution I have found was to use xss_terminate plugin (compatible with Rails 2.2.2), it also allows to dive into its code and see how it is coded.