Helper methods from controller

Hi,

I'm not sure i'm my design is correct, but i have around_filter in the controller, where i want to add a small javascript at the end of the page. Is there someway i can use the javascript_tag from the controller? i though there where a helpers proxy available.

/Jon

Jon Stenqvist wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure i'm my design is correct, but i have around_filter in the controller, where i want to add a small javascript at the end of the page. Is there someway i can use the javascript_tag from the controller? i though there where a helpers proxy available.

Maybe Im not understanding your situation, but filters are more used for application logic and typical cases like logging, benchmarking etc. Wouldnt it be better to use the layouts folder and stick the javascript in there ?

Raja Venkataraman wrote:

Jon Stenqvist wrote:

Hi,

Maybe Im not understanding your situation, but filters are more used for application logic and typical cases like logging, benchmarking etc. Wouldnt it be better to use the layouts folder and stick the javascript in there ?

This will be a plugin that enable auto-refresh with ajax, and the after_filter is starting the javascript-update-check-script for the configured actions.

This isn't really how you'd use the before/after filters. What it sounds like is that you need to be able to trigger js to be called on specific actions? You might consider adding the js code to your application layout view... and use a before filter on the specific actions you want this to run and have that show the corresponding js.

For example:

before_filter :trigger_js_stuff

def trigger_js_stuff   @reload_page = true end

In your view...

<% if @reload_page %>   // trigger your js code here <% end %>

Good luck!

Robby

Robby Russell wrote: