Help with polymorphic associations... the other way 'round

Good afternoon,

I have a situation were I have Container model which has_many Item models (as a list). Now each Item can be either a TextItem (a chunk of HTML) or a FeedItem (some RSS Feed) -- in the future I'll add other Item types.

My first thought is to have the following:

class Container < ActiveRecord::Base   has_many :items, :order => "position" end

class Item < ActiveRecord::Base   belongs_to :container   acts_as_list :scope => :container   belongs_to :content, :polymorphic => true end

class TextItem < ActiveRecord::Base   has_one :item, :as => :content end class FeedItem < ActiveRecord::Base   has_one :item, :as => :content end

My problem comes in at the view. None of these models are particularly complicated so I'd like to show and edit them inline with the container views. I'm really at a loss as to where to start, what I need to do to keep stuff connected, &c.

This seems like its a lot more complex than than standard nested form example so I'm hoping someone has an idea of where to start or even a link to some tutorial/article that will provide some illumination.