Help with Model find

I am trying to set up a simple search on my site. First I am grabbing the string that was entered into the text field and searching through my article titles.

Next I am splitting the string into an array so i can separate the search string into individual keywords. What I would like to do now is loop through that array of keywords and pull in any articles where the body text contains the keyword.

I have been testing this in the console for my app. So far it looks like the SQL query is correct but no articles are being added to my array of articles.

here is a copy of my search action code:

def search     # Collect full query from params, then search article titles for a match on the full query string     @query = params[:query]     by_title = Article.find(:all, :conditions => [ "active = ? AND title like ?", true, "%#{params[:query]}%" ])     # Split the query string into an array of keywords based on whitespace     keywords = @query.split(/\s+/)     by_keyword =     keywords.each { |term| by_keyword | Article.find(:all, :conditions => [ "active = ? AND body LIKE ?", true, "%#{term}%" ]) }     @articles = by_title | by_keyword end

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have you thought about using Ferret and the acts_as_ferret plugin?

I have thought about that but I think that is going to be a little while down the road. We're trying to launch by next week so for now we're just trying to come up with a simple search.