Help with hosting

I am a windows developer and I am able to develop and test my RoR apps with webricks good. But the hosting company I choose was Linux based and when I moved the app nothing worked bacause of the path of ruby and gem etc.,

I have 2 questions, 1. is there any hosting companies host RoR on windows? 2. How you guys handle development, testing in Windows and production in Linux??

Thanks in advance.

I use Win (XP) and Linux (Ubuntu) in parallel for development and testing of RoR applications. Some tools are Linux specific but not the core ones. The combination that I use is Appache+Mongrel witch enables me to be hosted on both OS. I prefer production hosting on Linux because it seams more natural, most open source applications are natively Linux origin and have better performance on it. Also the Windows hosting is a more expensive in correlation to Linux based. Try to be on the both sides - you never know what your client requirements will be.

Thank you very much and following link at one of the hosting company has one of the best documentation on how to go about migrating from windows to linux.

http://www.hostingrails.com/forums/wiki_thread/1