hello

Hello everyone this is my first post. I come from a .NET background but I have seen first hand the elegance of ruby and now i'm hooked. I'm learning rails on 2.3.x and have worked through setting up a db connection and building scaffolding, i'm excited and needed a place to land once and a while to discuss things as I stumble through the dark.

Thanks for taking a minute to listen, I hope to be participating instead of just leaching very soon.

Hello everyone this is my first post. I come from a .NET background but I have seen first hand the elegance of ruby and now i'm hooked. I'm learning rails on 2.3.x and have worked through setting up a db connection and building scaffolding, i'm excited and needed a place to land once and a while to discuss things as I stumble through the dark.

Welcome aboard, Eric.

Thanks for taking a minute to listen, I hope to be participating instead of just leaching very soon.

'Leaching' is such a negative way of thinking. Learning is better. As you learn, begin to 'teach' what you've learned. That will solidify your learning.

Best regards, Bill

Hi, Eric. I would suggest watching this list and every time that you understand a question then watch the replies and attempt to understand the solution. You will be amazed how quickly you learn.

Good luck, Colin.