Has Many Through Question

I have a relations question. I have an events table where each event is owned by a user. So...

class Event < ActiveRecord::Base     belongs_to :user   end

And a user...

class User < ActiveRecord::Base     has_many :events   end

But, I also have an attendance_lists table so that other users can say they are attending an event (or not attending). So...

class AttendanceList < ActiveRecord::Base     belongs_to :users     belongs_to :events   end

But now, if I'm going to add the relations to the user and event models, it would seem I would have...

class Event < ActiveRecord::Base     belongs_to :user     has_many :attendance_lists     has_many :users, :through => :attendance_lists   end   class User < ActiveRecord::Base     has_many :events     has_many :attendance_lists     has_many :events, :through => :attendance_lists   end

My question is whether ActiveRecord will be able to differentiate, using the relations above, the events a user is in charge of and events a user is attending. In the user model, will having two has_many :events, even though one has a :through clause, confuse ActiveRecord? Am I confused and not including something I should be?

Thanks! I actually dug through your blog looking for something, but I think I just didn't know what I was looking for yet. I replaced this...

has_many :events, :through => :attendance_lists

...with this...

has_many :events_to_attend, :through => :attendance_lists, :foreign_key => "event_id", :class_name => "Event"

Thanks for the help!

Okay, looking at this again, I think I was wrong. Looking in the API docs, it seems I would need to do...

has_many :events_to_attend, :through => :attendance_lists, :source => :event

Is that right?