Has anyone gotten Zurb-Foundation JavaScript working?

The method that Zurb posted in the applications section of their website isn't firing off the JavaScript commands for many of the components that they have available for developers.

Here's the setup

application.html.erb <head> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" /> </head>

application.scss.css /*= require foundation */ @import "foundation_and_overrides";

application.js //= require foundation $(document).foundation();

I used the modernizr gem and installed it directly to support the JavaScript.

Even so, with everything put in place. My drop-down buttons aren't working..Only for the top-bar which has no-turbo-link added to disable them.

If you found out a way to solve this issue. Please, let me know. I'm currently at a stand still and many of the Zurb features are completely useless without the JS enabled.

I'd recommend you create a simple app/test case that illustrates the problem and post a link to it.

Anything that is using the page load event to trigger setup will generally fail in the presence of turbolinks. You can either disable them entirely, or you can wrap your foundation() call in an observer on the page:change synthetic event. In jQuery, that's probably going to be something like this:

$(document).on('page:change', function(){     // your foundation methods here   });

Walter

Walter Davis wrote in post #1165528:

Walter Davis wrote in post #1165528:

Hi,

I’ve created a hobby project using zurb foundation framework. Its a bit old but i think it can help you. Pushed it to git

https://github.com/ravensnowbird/unfollowjerks

Cheers

Vivek Sampara wrote in post #1165533:

Hi,

I've created a hobby project using zurb foundation framework. Its a bit old but i think it can help you. Pushed it to git

GitHub - ravensnowbird/unfollowjerks: This is the source code of unfollowjerks.herokuapp.com

Cheers

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Vivek Sampara wrote in post #1165533:

Hi,

I've created a hobby project using zurb foundation framework. Its a bit old but i think it can help you. Pushed it to git

GitHub - ravensnowbird/unfollowjerks: This is the source code of unfollowjerks.herokuapp.com

Cheers

My foundation-rails gem was locked to 5.4.0, maybe that was the problem. I'll see tomorrow morning when I start the workday.