Has anybody succeed in getting Rails 3 to work in production?

Has anybody succeed in getting Rails 3 to work in production? I am trying with Apache 2.2 and Passenger 2.2.12 but no luck. If you have got Rails three to work in production on any server with any set up could you please post the details (howto?) or a link to where such information can be found.

All input gratefully received.

Paul Thompson

Hi Paul,

I'm running a test server in production environment with nginx as front-end, ruby-1.9.1-p378 and one mongrel in the backend. The script I'm currently using to start the application is as following:

#!/bin/sh

export RAILS_ENV=production

# kill old server if running if [ -f /home/csb/apps/ric/current/log/rackup.pid ]; then   echo "Stopping old server instance..."   kill `cat /home/csb/apps/ric/current/log/rackup.pid`   sleep 2; fi

# startup new server echo "Starting new server instance..." cd /home/csb/apps/ric/current rackup -D -E production -p 8010 -P /home/csb/apps/ric/current/log/ rackup.pid /home/csb/apps/ric/current/config.ru

echo "DONE"

the export RAILS_ENV is needed because rackup seems to ignore the -E option also I had to modify the server.rb file in the rack gem to keep the application running in the background I had to change the code to:

if options[:daemonize]         app.inspect         daemonize_app       end

where it used to be:

daemonize_app if [:daemonize]

otherwise the process will just terminate if you call rackup -D I opened an entry on the rack google group but never got any feedback. You can find it here: http://groups.google.com/group/rack-devel/browse_thread/thread/db945afbffe5a0fc/29ca4400c6389a11

Best, Daniel