A slight revision:
Haml is now twice as fast. That's right, I was able to cut the render
time in HALF - the Haml team has been hard at working really making
a piece of software to be envied. There are more comments than lines of
code and way more tests than that.
Let's go over the new features:
* Cut rendering time by 50%
* '!!!' tag supports XHTML 1.1 and 1.0 Transitional/Frameset doctypes
* When working with ActionView, yield :foo works as it does in ERB
* form_for and other _erbout-based ActionView helpers work
* Elements can use XML namespaces (<weseeyou:namespace /> )
* Class names can have capital letters
* Empty lines are ignored
* 98.3% more text used in release announcements!
For a full explanation, check out the REFERENCE file in the main
directory. And that's not even including the small bug fixes all
We actually had to hold back a lot of features that we are waiting to
release in the coming weeks for version 0.4. If you're interested in a
sneak peak of those, give the edge branch a try!
If you have any bug reports or questions, head over to the Haml Google
group, at http://groups-beta.google.com/group/haml.