getting StringIO in Mozilla and String in Safari for file up

Hi Folks,

When i try to upload files, its working in both Mozilla and IE. But It's not working in Safari. The reason is,mozilla has StringIO class and safari has string class. My controller codings are based on StringIO. So that its not working in safari(ie its failed to read the file).I cant able to proceed further. Can any one help me.

Thanks in Advance Saravanan.K

Hi Folks,

When i try to upload files, its working in both Mozilla and IE. But It's not working in Safari. The reason is,mozilla has
StringIO class and safari has string class. My controller codings are based on StringIO. So that its not working in safari(ie its failed to read the file).I cant able to proceed further. Can any one help me.

The body of a post will be a StringIO, TempFile or (if the form type
isn't multipart) a String. You just need to cope with those possibilities. Are you setting the
mime type of the post correctly ?

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

file).I cant able to proceed further. Can any one help me.

The body of a post will be a StringIO, TempFile or (if the form type isn't multipart) a String. You just need to cope with those possibilities. Are you setting the mime type of the post correctly ?

Fred

Thanks for your quick reply Fred.

I'm using following form tag

<code> <% form_for :taxfile,:url=>{:controller=>'taxpayer', :action=> 'upload_taxfile'}, :html=>{ :multipart=>true} do%> <%=file_field :taxfile,:uploaded_data,:size=>"15" %> </code>

I didn't set any mime types in config files.

Thanks Saravanan

Frederick Cheung wrote:

file).I cant able to proceed further. Can any one help me.

The body of a post will be a StringIO, TempFile or (if the form type isn't multipart) a String. You just need to cope with those possibilities. Are you setting the mime type of the post correctly ?

Fred

Thanks for your quick reply Fred.

I'm using following form tag

<code> <% form_for :taxfile,:url=>{:controller=>'taxpayer', :action=> 'upload_taxfile'}, :html=>{ :multipart=>true} do%> <%=file_field :taxfile,:uploaded_data,:size=>"15" %> </code>

Setting :multipart => true is all you should need to do. I think
you'll just have to deal with whatever rails throws at you.

Fred