gem install fileutils error

Hello Guys

I'm new in Ruby so I'm now trying to install fileutils by using the command [ gem install fileutils ]

note: I'm using windows 7 :frowning:

always when i trying to install it i got this error

C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb checking for Ruby version >= 1.8.5... yes checking for stdint.h... *** extconf.rb failed *** Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more details. You may need configuration options.

and when i trying to install rmagick by downloading the file ImageMagick-6.8.8-2-Q16-x64-dll.exe from the page

then installed the EXE file on my windows then Run the [ bundle install ]

always i got this error

C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb checking for Ruby version >= 1.8.5... yes Invalid drive specification. Unable to get ImageMagick version *** extconf.rb failed *** Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more details. You may need configuration options.

please try gitbash …

it ill very useful.

Hi,

Also new to ruby... I get the same error.

Did you ever get a meaningful reply to your query? Or is this just another forum where real problems never get answered in the hope that they go away?

This is not a forum it is a mailing list (though you may be accessing it using a forum-like interface. Since you have not quoted the previous reply we do not know to what you are referring. Start a new thread (preferably by joining the mailing list) and post a message showing the error you are getting and telling us which operating system you are using. Almost certainly someone will be able to help.

Colin