FUll Calendar

I have successfully managed to display the Calendar on my Ruby page by adding necessary callouts to the css and javascript files and have successfully managed to display the calendar:

<script>   $(document).ready(function() {

$('#calendar').fullCalendar({

})

});

</script> This works which is great. now I am having difficulty trying to display an alert message which should work by using: <script>   $(document).ready(function() {

$('#calendar').fullCalendar({ dayCick: function() {   alert('a day has been clicked!'); }

})

});

</script> but this function does not work and is the same as before. Can an expert please help.

Good morning sir Mohammed... correct if i'm wrong but you are using full calendar gem? i think this this jQuery code can help

<script> $('.cal').datepicker({   onSelect: function() {     alert('Something were selected');   } }); </script>

regards

I think there is a typo. You typed dayCick: It should be dayClick

http://fullcalendar.io/docs/mouse/dayClick/

I changed the error, but i still got the same result. Do I need a database linked to this calendar in order for it to work? the link that you sent me seems very useful and what I am in search for, but I eventually want to run a database system where users can click out dates when they are not available

HI Evandro, I have tried his and it still does not work, because i have a rails app, I put: <%= stylesheet_link_tag 'fullCalendar', media: 'all', 'data-turbolinks-track' => true %>   <%= javascript_include_tag 'fullcalendar', 'data-turbolinks-track' => true %>   <%= csrf_meta_tags %>

in the file itself for a call out? Is this the right way to do so ?