Forms with associations and collections

Hi

Does anyone have a good pattern for using a sinlge form for a model with multiple associations including some has_many's?

For example I have a Property model with a has_one association an Address model and a has_many association to a Highlight model. I would like to update these all on the same page however if I render the main Property form, then use a partial for the address and Highlight (with ajax for adding multiple highlights), I get an issue where to make things work I have to:

1. Create a new Address for the Property.address. 2. If the Address fields are blank the Address record will still be created. 3. So, I use a custom function to test each value of the hash and return true if all are blank - only add if false... (i.e. @property.build_address(params[:address]) unless params[:address].all_values_are_blank?) 4. If I am updating the property rather than creating it I have to test whether the address is nil and either update, create or delete depending on what has been passed in params.

Seems a bit messy and rails always seems to have an elegant solution for this standard sort of stuff so I am sure I am missing something!

Any suggestions for a cleaner why to go about this?

Thanks Dave