fork paperclip validations depending on associated model

Hi all,

I have a project that is using paperclip to upload and attach files to associated models. The schema is thus:

Class Project   has_many :attached_files   # I want to attach images only (jpg|png|etc) to projects end

Class Page   has_many :attached_files   # I want to attach linked documents (doc|pdf|etc) to pages end

Class Attachedfile   has attached_file :image   has attached_file :file end

Right now, I have validations for Project:

validates_attachment_presence :image,     :message => 'There was no file uploaded!' validates_attachment_thumbnails :image,   :message => 'The file you uploaded does not seem to be a valid image.' etc...

And now I want to add validations for files attached to pages. Only, how do I go about only calling the validations for files on Pages, while only calling validations for Images on Projects? ie. if I add validations for files on pages it will invalidate the records when I am saving images on projects.

Does that make sense? The way I know I could work around this is to have two models: AttachedFile and AttachedImage, but that seems not necessary and would be an extra database table.