Filter chain halted

I have

"Filter chain halted as [#<ActionController::Filters::ClassMethods::SymbolFilter:0x2606114 @filter=:index>] rendered_or_redirected."

development log. What does this mean?

rails 1.99.1 OS X Leopard, Mongrel 1.1.1

Thanx

In theory it means that a filter rendered or redirected. It used to be the case that the filter chain only halted if you returned false from it, however that changed recently so that rendering or redirecting also stop the chain. Does that fit ?

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

Ryan None wrote:

I just ran into this problem too. Funny thing is that my site works fine under Firefox3b4, but craps out on IE7.

Odd I say, any ideas?

It appears that in IE7, session[:user_id] is NULL, but in FF3b4 it works just dandy. People have been complaining about it to MS since Sept 2006, and as recently as last month: http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showpost.aspx?postid=774350&siteid=1&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=0

Any help?

Hi All:

In my application, i load database depending on the url(with client specific subdomains)used. So, at times i intentionally clear the sessions to land the user in correct db. But this is not posing any problem.

It works all well on my localhost but when i placed the same application on the server running Fast CGI, it logs out every now and then.

The production.log says "Filter chain halted as [#<ActionController::Filters::ClassMethods::SymbolFilter:0xdf7eccc @filter=:login_required>] returned false."

Although in the flow there is no single call to the function responsible for clearing the session. I maintain session in db, tried to clear them all to check if it helps but no success.

Can anybody lead me in the right direction? What's could be the probable reason of such vivid behavior. Is FAST CGI, the culprit?

What should be done to get out of this issue? Thanks in Advance

Priya Saini