Filter chain halted as [:check_authentication] rendered_or_r

I have this page that you login in from. You get authenticated and then bumped over to the appropriate page depending on what your role is: Traveler, Travel Manager, Admin. All pieced work except for the role asssociated with Travel Managers who get tossed out, apprarently when they hit a before_filter to check authenication. However, it seams that they are properly getting authenticated and moved along correctly in the grand scheme of things before they are kicked. I get this error:

Filter chain halted as [:check_authentication] rendered_or_redirected.

I recently upgraded to rails 2.1.0 and only after I did that did I start to see this error. Before this was a non-issue. Anyone have this experience and how do I fix it? Thanks,

-S

I have this page that you login in from. You get authenticated and
then bumped over to the appropriate page depending on what your role is: Traveler, Travel Manager, Admin. All pieced work except for the role asssociated with Travel Managers who get tossed out, apprarently when they hit a before_filter to check authenication. However, it seams
that they are properly getting authenticated and moved along correctly in
the grand scheme of things before they are kicked. I get this error:

Filter chain halted as [:check_authentication] rendered_or_redirected.

Find out why your check_authentication filter is rendering or
redirecting (as of rails 2.0 it is that which determines whether the
filter chain is halted or not. Previously it was the return value of
the filter that mattered.

Fred

As it turns out, many of my wows was the result of the fact that I switched from using a webrick server to using a Mongrel server, and Mongrel servers apperently handle session data differently and was causing havoc - not to mention bucket loads of frustation - when I tried to authenticate my users. Long story-short, I need to refactor some code. In others news Internet Exploder still sucks.

-S