Ferret Gem Installation on Windows

Hello PJ, Thanks for your response. I was trying to avoid installing it as a gem and was attempting to install it as a plug-in. I guess both are OK? Regards, Bharat

Hi jayarajan,

I got the same problem. If I download the win 32 gem, But I got same error again.

Please give me the solution.

Now are working fine with ferret.

Let me know your suggestion on this issue.

Thanks, srinivasrao.pala

Srinu Pala wrote:

Hi jayarajan,

I got the same problem. If I download the win 32 gem, But I got same error again.

Thanks, srinivasrao.pala

Perhaps there's a bug in the latest version (0.11.6) I guess. It works fine with "gem install ferret --version 0.11.5"

Thanks Justin, I got ferret to install on Windows XP by using version 0.11.5. I was having the same trouble as the first poster initially. -Andrew

Can someone please tell me why oh why gem doesn't just list the different available versions and let you choose one?

Justin Tran wrote:

Srinu Pala wrote:

Hi jayarajan,

Thanks, srinivasrao.pala

Perhaps there's a bug in the latest version (0.11.6) I guess. It works fine with "gem install ferret --version 0.11.5"

Hi Jayarajan,

I installed ferret gem "version 0.11.5". It installed fine. I think ferret will work now for me.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks srinivas

I had the same problem and solved it exactly in the same way. However, yesterday I looked at http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=1028 and there were some changes in downloads, so you can actually grab 0.11.6 version for mswin and install it successfully - it works for me at least. :slight_smile: vito

"gem install ferret" didn't work for me (working with 0.11.6-rc7), but "gem install ferret --version 0.11.5" did run without the nmake error.

"gem update ferret" throws the nmake error again :frowning:

Vito wrote: