Initially raised on Github:
I understand that the project disallows cosmetic changes but:
- Some projects follow stylistic rules (even rails does)
- Rubocop is quick to set up, and configure (even rails uses it)
- Rubocop is modular, you can enable, disable or even configure cops
- The best way to let devs tailor their lint compliance is by generating code compliant with all the cops
- Currently, for initial generations, additional work is required in new rails project to ensure lint compliance.
If I could take the time to ensure
rails new appgenerates a rubocop compliant skeleton app, will the maintainers consider merging the code?
This will essentially reduce the time it takes to scaffold a project and would be a backwards compatible feature.
This could be extended to make sure all the code made by
rails generate is also lint compliant.